Open Evening – Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Please note the booking slots for open evening are now full. You are very welcome to attend our open mornings which do not require booking. Please see information about our open mornings below.
If you have booked a place at one of our open evening time slots, please note the important information below;
- We are only accepting bookings from families with children currently in Year 5 or Year 6.
- Our open events are often very busy, so in order to limit numbers, we request that a maximum of two adults attends per family and we strongly encourage you not to bring younger siblings wherever possible.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your allocated start time to ensure that you are seated ready for a prompt start. Please do not arrive before this to help us manage the flow of people around the school.
- Face coverings will be required in indoor areas throughout the evening.
- We would encourage all who are planning to attend to do a lateral flow test prior to coming to the open evening.
- There is no parking onsite.
The format of the evening is as follows:
- A presentation from the Headteacher, including the opportunity to hear from some students about life at Oldfield School. This will last approximately 20-30 minutes.
- This will be followed by the invitation to join a guided tour of the school, led by some of our senior students, where Learning Areas will be showcasing their work. This will last approximately 60 minutes.
Open Mornings – Friday 24th September and Monday 27th September, 9am-10:30am
Booking is not required to attend our Open Mornings. At these events you will have the opportunity to tour the school on a normal working day, escorted by student tour guides.
Open Evening 2020
Last year we were not able to host our annual Open Evening and Open Mornings in September 2020, so we made a video, a virtual open evening, all about the school, and to give an insight into what you can expect if you decide to send your child to Oldfield. Please take a look, here;
Whilst we realise this will not exactly replicate the experience of visiting the school in person, we hope it will provide a sense of the ethos and values of the school as well as the opportunities available for your child at Oldfield School.
If you would like more information, please contact us for a prospectus pack email@example.com.