Severe Weather Conditions (for parents)
Severe weather conditions before departure for school (if for example, there is a heavy fall of snow during the night, the following arrangements will apply)
- In the unlikely event of school closure, an announcement will be made via the school website.
- If the school remains open but you decide, based on local road and weather conditions, not to send your son/daughter into school, you must telephone the school and leave a message on the student absence line as you would for any absence.
Severe or deteriorating weather conditions during the day (ie after students have arrived at school)
With our students’ safety in mind we shall keep a constant check on road condition reports and weather forecasts. If conditions worsen during the day or if bus operators advise on an early departure, it would normally be our policy:
- To enable students to begin their journey home before buses are taken off the roads and before daylight fades;
- To allow parents from outlying areas to pick up their children earlier in the day. You should call at reception in the main building and ask us to find your child. There is no need to telephone first.
- To give students access to telephones to contact their parents.
It is absolutely essential that you give your child clear instructions now for use in this kind of emergency. Make sure they have up-to-date telephone numbers and that they know how to contact you or some other responsible person. Ensure, also, that your child can get into the house in your absence.