First Bus Designated School Bus Service
Due to the 37 bus route being discontinued this summer long with the reductions introduced on the 19 bus route, we negotiated with First Bus in order to guarantee that we could get our students who used those bus services, into school.
The system that has been set up consists of 5 designated school buses:
OS1 from Hanham leaving 7.42am and arriving at school at 8.10am
OS2 from Hanham leaving 8.54am and arriving at school at 9.20am
OS3 from Kingswood leaving 7.42am and arriving at school at 8.10am
OS4 from Kingswood leaving 8.50am and arriving at school at 9.20am
OS5 from The Crown, Longwell Green stopping at Westcourt Drive, Oldland Common, Court Road, The Cherry Tree, The Beeches, Cherry Garden Lane then Cherry Garden Road, Bitton and all the stops to Oldfield School leaving at 8.54am from The Crown and at 9.06 from Cherry Garden Road.
The tickets can only be purchased on a termly basis and the prices are as follows:
Term 1 £110 Term 2 £101 Term 3 £80
Term 4 £84 Term 5 £86 Term 6 £97
If you are unable to purchase a ticket for the term due to financial considerations, the school is able to purchase on your behalf and you can then make weekly repayments via ParentPay. If you wish to access this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Ishbel Tovey.
In order to purchase a ticket for Term 2, you will need to access a voucher code from the school first before you can purchase your e-ticket from First Bus online. In order to do so, please apply for your voucher code via the link below:
Please do so before Wednesday 28th October so that the vouchers can be issued in good time.
All tickets can be used on all First Bus Services for the duration of the term (except Airport buses) as well as on the designated service.
If you have any questions, regarding the process please email email@example.com FAO Ishbel Tovey.
Face masks must be worn on all services.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT (excluding designated school buses)
We sell weekly and monthly bus tickets at reception for those students who need them. All children who wish to purchase First Bus tickets will require a First Bus photo-card. If you would like a First Bus photo-card, please send in a passport sized photograph of your child to the school office. We can then prepare the photo-cards and issue them to your child. The current prices of tickets are as follows but please note these may change (you can confirm current prices via the school office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Years 7-11 Weekly £12.10 Monthly £44.00
Years 12 and 13 Weekly £16.95 Monthly £61.60
We issue First bus tickets as follows:
- Tickets are only sold via reception on a Friday except at the start of the new academic year. All bus pass request envelopes must be completed and handed to reception by 11.10am Friday morning. The bus passes will be ready to collect by the end of the school day.
- The photo-card will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- A valid photo-card must be shown each and every time a ticket is purchased.
- A ticket is only to be issued to the student whose picture is shown on the photo-card.
- Cheques should be made out to Oldfield School.
- Parents should write on the back of the cheque their child’s name and tutor group.
- If paying in cash the correct money is required.
- Please also state the date from which you wish your ticket to be valid from and indicate the type of ticket required.